One of the the great things about being a part of Formula1blog.com is getting to meet some of the folks in the F1 paddock. I must say that some of the nicest people I’ve met work with Shell and in particular, Guy Lovett. Guy is one of the nicest people you will meet and the added bonus is that he is immensely brilliant. I am very honored that Shell gave me a few minutes to speak with Guy directly from the trackside Shell lab in Bahrain as they prepare for this weekend’s grand prix.
Here’s what you’ll discover in this episode:
- Has the fuel and lubricant specification tested on dyno’s met the teams expectations on track?
- Is there any lessons learned from Australia that prompted a new fuel specification and is there a new spec coming for Europe?
- Has the lubricants managed the increased heat int eh new 2014 power units?
- What is the deal with the fuel-flow sensor and what does it mean to measure at the “rail”?
- What’s Kimi Raikkonen really like?
We chat about all of this and more. I hope you enjoy this interview and it is always a sheer honor to speak with Guy. A big thank you to Shell for making time for all of us at F1B.
Inside the Shell Track Lab with Guy Lovett