2019 TPF NASCAR Fantasy League

Home Forums Fantasy Leagues & Games 2019 TPF NASCAR Fantasy League

This topic contains 36 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Rapierman 1 week ago.

• Author

Rapierman
    Participant

Placeholder for the 2019 TPF NASCAR Fantasy League. Four driver slots on chartered teams have yet to be filled. The deadline for registration is the day before Speedweeks (February 9th) at one second before Midnight USA CST.

Rapierman
    Participant

I should correct that: February 8th.

Rapierman
    Participant

Okay, a bit early, but I should let you know now where things stand:

NASCAR has three charter slots open at this time. They could be filled by any driver, or even multiple drivers. We don’t know. Additionally, we have one non-chartered slot taken. These drivers are not guaranteed a slot in a race and must qualify on time. Finally, there are several drivers who are part-time only. More may be added as time goes by.

With that said, here is the list of full-time drivers available and their prices. (R) = Rookie, (N) = Non-chartered drive.

2019 NASCAR Full Time Driver Price List

Here is the list of part-time drivers. They will not appear in every race, so you’re taking a risk if you pick one of these drivers:

2019 NASCAR Part Time Driver Price List

As stated before, both of these lists are subject to change.

Rapierman
    Participant

Now, the rules:

1. You will pick drivers to fill up your team. You will continue to pick drivers but you must satisfy both of the following conditions:

a. You have no more than six drivers; and
      b. You cannot spend more than a total $40 million (yes, that’s a change from $45 million). This is your budget

What you have left over after you have chosen your drivers is your reserve.

2. Each driver will score points for your team in each race. This continues until the season concludes.
    3. The value of your drivers will go up and down based on their performance in each race. This will affect your budget totals, which may also go up and down based on their performance.
    4. What does not change with each race is your reserve. That will stay the same unless you tap into that reserve or add to that reserve. The reserve changes only when you change your drivers.
    5. After each race, I will announce the new value of the drivers. Always track your drivers.
    6. Once I have published the new prices, you will have until the start of the first practice in the next race to change your drivers if you wish to do so. You can choose anywhere from one driver up to your entire team. You may also keep all your drivers for the next race if you wish to do so. It’s up to you. Keep track of your budget (total value plus reserve) as it fluctuates because it will dictate what drivers are available to you.
    7. The team with the highest point total at the end of the season is the winner.

Rapierman
    Participant

….and now, the scoring system:

1. Lap score: Seven-eights of the scheduled lap distance is worth one-eighth of a point per lap, rounded down. The remaining laps are 1 point each. The total possible score may be adjusted due to any situation beyond anyone’s control (extra laps in overtime, inclement weather, etc.)
    2. Qualification score: The following chart determines the initial score based on the qualifying rounds:
    3. NASCAR League Qualification Score

4. Finish Score: The following chart determines the points added to the initial score based on the position at the finish:
    5. NASCAR League Finish Score

6. Your driver must finish the race to receive finish points regardless of how many laps were driven. This is defined by being listed as “running” when the race ends.
    7. If your driver has been disqualified (aka “parked”) during the race, then all points earned for that driver are set to zero for that race. EXCEPTION: If the driver was parked due to failure to meet the post-crash conditions (Car irreparably damaged, immediately proceeds to the garage, unable to meet the 5-minute repair time-limit, unable to maintain a safe minimum speed set at each race), then the driver will still score lap points but nothing else.
    8. Progress points: For every spot the driver improves on his position from the start of the race, that driver will score 5 points. If the driver fails to improve his position, he will not score any points (if the driver loses positions, no bonus but no penalty either). This is based on the driver’s provisional starting position after qualifying has concluded and before any penalties are applied to that position.
    9. Penalties assessed after the race will not be a factor in the driver’s score.

Rapierman
    Participant

Whoops! I left out one additional scoring rule:

#8: Special “Road Course” scoring rule: Lap score will be based on half the race distance in laps, rounded down.

Rapierman
    Participant

Latest info adds Mike Wallace for 2 races, possibly more. I’m listing him as a part-time driver. Since I have no record of him, he’ll be shown as $5.00

Jamie McMurray will drive in the Daytona 500, but there are no plans to race any further at this time. For this purpose, he is a part-time driver, listed at $7.75.

Rapierman
    Participant

With less than a month to go, it’s time to start picking your drivers.

I’m going with Kyle Larson ($12.50), Alex Bowman ($10.00), Jimmie Johnson ($9.50) and Daniel Suarez ($8.00). This brings me to a total of $40 million spent with nothing left for reserve.

Rapierman
    Participant

It has been announced that Quin Houff will be driving. He is a part-time driver. Since he is new, I will list him at $5.00

wallslammer
    Participant

Hello it’s Jeff border and I would like to play this game and Indy car and supercar and btcc also my team name in all the games is wallslammer is that okay I really love your games there awesome finally got a phone so I can play along every week so please let me now if I can please email me at jeffnieser@yahoo.com thanks again I look forward to hearing from u

Rapierman
    Participant

Well, Jeff, if you’re ready, go ahead and pick your NASCAR drivers.

Rapierman
    Participant

It has been announced that Tyler Reddick will attempt to qualify for the Daytona 500. Since we have no word on if we’ll see him in other races, I’m listing him as a part-time driver worth $5.00

Rapierman
    Participant

Less than a week to go until Speedweeks. Get your picks in now.

Rapierman
    Participant

The deadline is in three days. Get in now while you can.

wallslammer
    Participant

This y Jeff border aka wallslammer
    I pick #12ryan blanket #10aricamalio #9 chase Elliott #47ryan precce total 38 2 in resver

Rapierman
    Participant

So, that’s Ryan Blaney, Aric Almirola, Chase Elliot and Ryan Preece. Total and reserve are as you stated. You’re in.

For the rest of you: TWO DAYS LEFT. The time to get in is now.

The Weight Transfer
    Participant

2019 TPF Fantasy NASCAR League Entry
    Chase Elliot – $12.25
    Clint Bowyer – $11.25
    Erik Jones – $11.00
    William Byron – $5.25

Rapierman
    Participant

I’ll get you down in a moment, WT.

FINAL DAY TO REGISTER FOR THE LEAGUE!!!

Rapierman
    Participant

(Disregard this message.)

Rapierman
    Participant

I’m extending the deadline due to a hacking incident. The deadline will now be tomorrow at 11:30 AM USA Eastern Daylight.

Rapierman
    Participant

1 hour and 12 minutes to go, people! WHERE ARE YOU!!!???

Rapierman
    Participant

Registration is closed! Thanks to those who joined.

Rapierman
    Participant

First pole of the season goes to William Byron, the first in his career. Alex Bowman is 2nd.

Rapierman
    Participant

The demolition derby that was the Daytona 500 concluded yesterday. Here are the current team scores:

NASCAR League Team Scores

It was close between Weight Transfer and I, but I do hold a very slim 2-point lead. Meanwhile, Jeff languishes fare behind in 3rd.

Current team values in millions of dollars with amounts in reserve:

NASCAR League Team Values

Individual driver values in millions of dollars:

NASCAR League Driver Values

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Folds of Honor 500 at the Atlanta Motor Speedway. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 11:35 AM USA Eastern Standard. You have until then to change your drivers if you wish to do so.

Rapierman
    Participant

The Folds of Honor QuikTrip 500 concluded yesterday (in relative quiet). Here are the current team scores:

WT finally breaks ahead, but no guarantees just yet.

Team values in millions of dollars with amounts in reserve:

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Pennzoil Oil 400 at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 3:05 PM USA Eastern Standard. You have until then to change your drivers.

Rapierman
    Participant

The relatively quiet Pennzoil 400 in Las Vegas concluded yesterday. Here are the current team scores:

Jeff was the big winner this time, but that didn’t stop WT from extending his lead a bit.

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Ticket Guardian 500 at the ISM Raceway in Phoenix. First Practice is scheduled for this Friday at 1:35 PM USA Eastern Standard. You have until then to change your drivers.

(Please note the switch to Daylight Savings Time this Sunday at 2 AM.)

Rapierman
    Participant

The Ticket Guardian 500 concluded yesterday. Here are the current team scores:

Jeff was the big winner again. However, he’s still mired in 3rd place. WT’s lead was cut to 88 points.

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Auto Club 400 at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana, CA. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 1:00 PM USA Eastern Daylight. You have until then to change your crivers.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by  Rapierman.

wallslammer
    Participant

I am going to drop #10aimirola 11.04 and #47precce 5.03 and pick up #18klyebusch 16.96 keep #12blaney 9.90 and keep #9 chase 10.72 new total 37.58 res 2.42

Rapierman
    Participant

….and you’re set.

Rapierman
    Participant

The Auto Club 400 concluded on Sunday. Here are the current team scores:

With a timely change in the lineup, Jeff pulls ahead by 217 points! Will this hold up? You never know.

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the STP 500 at the Martinsville “Paper Clip”. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 9:35 AM USA EDT. You have until then to change your drivers.

Rapierman
    Participant

The STP 500 at Martinsville concluded last weekend. Here are the current team scores:

Jeff’s move is holding up! His lead is now up to 400 points!

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 at the Texas Motor Speedway. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 3:05 PM USA EDT. You have until then to change your drivers.

Rapierman
    Participant

Let the record show that I am trading in Kyle Larson for Chase Elliot. The value of my team is now $36.29 and I have $0.03 in reserve.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 3 days ago by  Rapierman.

Rapierman
    Participant

The O’Reilly Auto Parts 500 concluded yesterday. Hera are the current team scores:

The merry-go-round spins again, this time landing on WT as he retakes the lead! How long will this last?

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Food City 500 at the Bristol “Bull Ring”. First practice begins at 1:35 PM USA Eastern Daylight. You have until then to change your drivers.

wallslammer
    Participant

Keep Busch klye 17.09
    Drop blaney 10.18
    Pick up Jimmie Johnson 9.46
    Drop Elliott 11.30
    Pick up stenhouse 7.13
    New total 33.68 res 5.00

Rapierman
    Participant

….and you’re all set.

Rapierman
    Participant

The Food City 500 at the Bristol “Bull Ring” concluded last weekend. Here are the current team scores:

WT’s lead extends to 600 points. Meanwhile, there’s a battle for second heating up between myself and Jeff.

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond. First practice is scheduled for this Friday at 11:05 AM USA EDT. You have until then to change your drivers.

Rapierman
    Participant

The Toyota Owners 400 at Richmond concluded yesterday evening. Here are the current team scores:

WT extends his lead to 946 points! Meanwhile, Jeff slips to 3rd.

The marketplace is now open. The next race is the GEICO 500 at Talladega. First practice is scheduled for Friday, April 26th at 1:35 PM USA EDT. You have until then to change your drivers.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get your TPF swag here:

Stay connected

15,019FansLike
1,456FollowersFollow
10,914SubscribersSubscribe