New LMP1 Non-Hybrids

Home Forums Sportscar Racing WEC/ELMS/AsLMS New LMP1 Non-Hybrids

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Tom Firth 1 year, 6 months ago.

• Author

The Weight Transfer
    Participant

So the new Ginetta made its public debut, with TRS/Manor as the first customers, we’ve seen the BR1/Dallara car, which will be in the hands of SMP Racing and DragonSpeed, and we are lead to believe(unconfirmed) that an ORECA LMP1 car is lurking in the shadows for former LMP1 Privateers Rebellion, all of them ready to challenge Toyota’s incumbent TS050 Hybrid.
    But what do we think the chances are for the ByKolles teams CLM P1/01, do we think they finally have a package that can run fast, survive, and fend off the challenge of the newcomers.

Tom Firth
    Keymaster

Kolles I hope can be competitive. The teams package has been improving and as a team it looked more professional last year, if unreliable. I think can compete with some of the privateers but I expect Rebellion and Ginetta to be the ones that pick up the pieces from Toyota more often that not.

Seperate note, but if interested, are some pictures from the Autosport Show on Saturday, including the Ginetta and a few other sportscars from past and present here –

ASI pics – TF.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Get your TPF swag here:

Stay connected

16,197FansLike
1,598FollowersFollow
13,060SubscribersSubscribe