Post commenting system

TPF Home Forums TPF Q&A- Ask us Post commenting system

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  subcritical71 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

• Author

subcritical71
    Participant

I have a question regarding the commenting system (not inside forum, but inside the news/editorial sections) – Is there a function to subscribe to a post so that you are notified when replies are made? If so, can it be done at the post level vs topic level (or vice versa)? Is there a function to block users from view?

Tom Firth
    Keymaster

Hi Subcritical,

I think for post specific, is a little tick box that says something along the lines of “notify of replies” when you type your comment before post. I believe it sends them to whatever email address you registered with. I’ve not actually tried it yet though.

Should also be another box at the top of each post which says to enter an email address to notify and that one is topic level. Let me know if you can see these, I think you can.

As for blocking from view, no.

subcritical71
    Participant

Thanks Tom, are forum posts moderated? I put a new topic on ‘the Parc ferme’ category and it did not show up, but the stats show that I posted last and also says there are 7 topics, but only shows 6. Do you see one titled something about the Laureus awards?

Tom Firth
      Keymaster

Spam filter grabbed it with the link. It is posted now.

Tom Firth
        Keymaster

Also the forum is moderated in the sense of having moderators. The only reason your post didn’t show was because the filter grabbed it.

subcritical71
    Participant

Ok, thanks. Makes sense!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.