Former Toyota F1 driver Timo Glock may not be in Formula 1 anymore but that doesn’t mean we’ve forgotten him. Glock won his first DTM race this weekend at a wet and changeable condition race at Hockenheim.
The battle came down to the final laps that resulted in a duel between Glock and Mercedes driver Roberto Merhi.
1. Timo Glock MTEK BMW 1h16m44.053s
2. Roberto Merhi HWA Mercedes +2.787s
3. Bruno Spengler Schnitzer BMW +10.120s
4. Mattias Ekstrom Abt Audi +11.365s
5. Miguel Molina Phoenix Audi +15.619s
6. Andy Priaulx RMG BMW +20.922s
7. Christian Vietoris HWA Mercedes +30.466s
8. Dirk Werner Schnitzer BMW +31.276s
9. Gary Paffett HWA Mercedes +37.027s
10. Dani Juncadella Mucke Mercedes +37.246s
11. Augusto Farfus RBM BMW +44.516s
12. Jamie Green Abt Audi +44.811s
13. Timo Scheider Abt Audi +45.503s
14. Adrien Tambay Abt Audi +48.966s
15. Edoardo Mortara Rosberg Audi +1m06.528s
16. Mike Rockenfeller Phoenix Audi +1m14.060s
17. Pascal Wehrlein Mucke Mercedes +1m19.961s
18. Robert Wickens HWA Mercedes +1m34.478s
19. Martin Tomczyk RMG BMW +1m59.697s
20. Joey Hand RBM BMW -1 lap
21. Marco Wittmann MTEK BMW -4 laps
It’s great to see the diminutive German winning his first race. We enjoyed him in Formula 1 and really felt that he was a car away from victory. toyota seemed to be on the rise before bowing out of F1 in 2009 and Glock was leading their cause quite handedly. Glock put in a fine performance on Sunday and seems to be finding a home at DTM.