Italian MSC organization, parent company of N. Technology has filed suit gainst the FIA over the selection process for 2010. N. Technology was very confused by the entire selection process employed by the FIA to determine the new teams allowed entry in the 2010 F1 series. So much so that they withdrew their application prior to the FIA’s announcement that Manor, Campos and USF1 were teh lucky three teams selected.
N.Technology applied to the Tribunal de Grande Instance in Paris last week for a legal hearing into the selection process for new teams. The team told AUTOSPORT the case will be heard on September 15.
MSC board member and former CEO of Eurosport Angelo Codignoni said:
â€œWe are doing this in the name of sport. From our point of view, the procedure for dealing with new entrants was not respected and there was not transparency about the process and preparations for the 2010 championship.â€
Speaking on behalf of FOTA, McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh said:
â€œFOTA clearly doesnâ€™t have a vote on the selection process, so consequently it is not right to have a voice on it.
â€œWe were not involved in the selection process. I think FOTAâ€™s position is that we are very happy to see new teams. It is healthy to see new teams in F1, and if FOTA can assist any team to make a successful start in F1 then we should be doing so.â€
This is all dovetailing with the recent story ran by the Telegraph/Pitpass regarding the FIA’s stance on all new teams having agreed to use Cosworth engines.
Now it seems that Max Mosley and the boys at the FIA may just have to prove the case in court that there was no collusion and that the selection process was above board. Something N.Technology questions.