Red Bull echo Toyota’s boycott talk

Red Bull
Red Bull owner Dietrich Mateschitz says that Red Bull will join Toyota in exiting the series if the current 2010 FIA regulations are not changed. He also says that they are not alone in this sentiment:

“Conditions at the moment are not so, that we would enter a team for next year,” Red Bull team owner Dietrich Mateschitz, at the Spanish Grand Prix this weekend, said in an interview that will be published by Austria’s Salzburger Nachrichten newspaper on Monday.

The billionaire suggested that the other ‘manufacturer teams’ will also not take part. “Of the teams now, only two or three will remain,” Mateschitz added

Interestingly this is a team who is not a manufacturer and more like Williams F1. Sir Frank voiced his concern over a two-tier system of regulations earlier this week, along with Ferrari and BMW, but stopped short of saying they would leave the series if the regulations were not changed. Red Bull, a privateer like Force India and Williams F1 for all intensive purposes, is the first “small” team to suggest departing the series unless the FIA’s Max Mosley makes serious efforts to work with FOTA and change the regulations as presented. This leaves little doubt that the FOTA is perhpas indeed considering a boycott of the application date as a show of force and this hunch is corroborated by McLaren’s Martin Whitmarsh who suggested that public threats by the teams is not helping the matter at hand.

0 0 votes
Article Rating
Subscribe
Notify of
guest

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments