European GP Sold Out!

3

If there were any doubt that Fernando Alonso has had an immense impact on bringing F1 to the forefront of the Spanish people, this should put all those doubts to rest.

After selling 112,000+ tickets for this years European Grand Prix in Valencia Spain, the organizers must surely be proud of the their association with Mr. Ecclestone and Formula One Management. The stakes are high and the cost of hosting a Grand Prix is enormous but perhaps Spain can show the rest of the world how to be a fan of F1, host a race and be profitable all at the same time; a gambit that has eluded many nations including America, United Kingdom, Australia and France to name a few.

Interestingly enough, 40% of the tickets were sold abroad leaving 60% for Spanish fans. The idea that Spain is easier to access for fans from Germany, France, Italy, Denmark, Britain and other nations is not lost on me. I get it; but it also means that perhaps North America could look to some of the pull strategy involved with a Brazilian, Mexican, Us and Canadian Grand Prix. Grouped together for a North/South American tour could be good for manufacturers as their goods are very prominent in this hemisphere. Just spit-balling here but it would be nice to see F1 gain a new resurgence in this part of the world and share the opptomism and initial success that Valencia, and in a broader sense, Spain has had.

3
Leave a Reply

avatar
 
Photo and Image Files
 
 
 
Audio and Video Files
 
 
 
Other File Types
 
 
 
3 Comment threads
0 Thread replies
0 Followers
 
Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
2 Comment authors
BobHereYoNegative Camber Recent comment authors

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

  Subscribe  
newest oldest most voted
Notify of
BobHereYo
Guest
BobHereYo

Neg, you don’t think the fact that Fernando Alonso winning two world championships has anything to do with the renewed enthusiasm for F1 in Spain? I think the McClaren Fiasco last year put Fernando into Super Stardome in the Spanish People’s minds. Do you see how this works, the European GP flutters around to the country who has the latest World Champion or run of World Champions. Hmmm…let’s see for the Michael Schumacher run we had the European GP in and around Germany and we also had the Austrian GP (Germany really). When Williams and Nigel Mansell were popular they… Read more »

Negative Camber
Guest

very true Bob. Great point. Mr. E’s relationship with the BRDC will make it hard for Silverstone to host it. ;)

BobHereYo
Guest
BobHereYo

Oh Remember When Senna was a Super Human Honda God in Japan and they created the Pacific Grand Prix at Aida (which got rocked by a earth quake) to go along with the Japanese GP. Of course the earth quake easily spelled the end for that but we all know it would have been the end because of what happened to Senna—-Long Live the Memory of Senna!