Honda played a serious ace for the 2017 Verizon IndyCar Series season as the manufacturer/team shuffle begins, Foyt says sayonara to Sato San, and many of the other driver dominoes begin to drop including a surprise rumor involving K-Mags. We’ll sort it all out as well as look at the Chris Griffiths Memorial Mazda Road to Indy test, chat about the SCCA RallyCross Nationals, and Doug’s first experience at an ARCA race.
Show Notes and Links
- DWTS Update: Hinch impressed with his rumba.
- Ganassi to Honda
- Andretti will have four cars on the grid. Three confirmed – RHR, Marco and Rossi. Magnussen to Andretti speculation for the fourth?
- Foyt to Chevrolet – Sato dropped. Who joins?
- Bourdais confirmed at Coyne alongside two engineers.
- Kanaan confirmed at Ganassi.
- Carlin + Kalkhoven deal progressing – 1 car entrant – Chevrolet powered. Not Chilton.
- Seats remaining – 1x seat at ECR, 1x seat at Coyne, 2x seats at Foyt, 1x Ganassi (Likely Chilton) 1x Andretti Autosport. Possibly a second full time seat at RLL, possibly a seat at KV.
- Chris Griffiths memorial test times – Grist fastest after the nine sessions in Indy lights, Franzoni fastest in Pro Mazda, Neil Verhagen fastest in USF2000 – Test report. Teams overall happy with the new Tatuus chassis.
- Team USA Scholarship winners at the Brands Hatch Formula Ford Festival this weekend – Oliver Askew is currently racing in Skip Barber, Kyle Kirkwood is in US Formula 4.