Professor Doug Patterson, John “The Race Fan” Olsakovsky and Tom “The Motorsports Monk” Firth get together one last time in 2016 to parse the news and rumors surrounding the upcoming IndyCar and MRTI seasons. IndyCar rides are becoming more scarce as a few more driver signings are announced, and the Indy Lights grid is taking shape. Pro Mazda reveals their new chassis, and USF2000 has its first Mazda Road to Indy Shootout Scholarship winner.
Show notes and links
- Chilton confirmed for the No. 8 Ganassi ride
- Oriol Servia in with Rahal for the 500 and Detroit
- Rahal also snags Rossi’s engineer Tom German
- More races possible depending upon funding
- Sato set with Andretti
- What seats are left?
- Road racer for the ECR No. 20
- KVRT, 1 seat? Anything at all?
- Dreyer & Reinbold Racing?
- IndyLights Driver Announcements
- Pro Mazda Tatus revealed at PRI
- Sting Ray Robb joins World Speed Motorsports
- So far, only Robb has confirmed for 2017
- Only four teams making noise about 2017: Cape, Juncos, Pelfrey, World Speed
- Is everyone holding off for 2018?
- New Teams in USF2000
- USF2000 and Pro Mazda grids will fill more after the Holiday Season and into February
- Oliver Askew wins the inaugural MRTI Shootout