Happy New Year!! The new year always brings new hopes and ambitions, and that’s true for the Verizon IndyCar Series as well, with repaves a plenty during this off season and a potential for new engine manufacturers. The 2017 TV schedule has been announced as well as the continuation of live streaming of practices. We get a glimpse of the next evolution of the aero kit and what’s in store for the next Dallara chassis. And what would an off-season show be without some driver announcements?
Show notes and links
- Texas Motor Speedway repave/reprofile
- Indycar television schedule announced
- Dallara extended as chassis constructor through to 2020, Bodywork constructor TBA
- Sketches of the new for 2018 Aero kit released
- Jay Frye’s Roadmap to the next chassis
- Hinch & Helio will do Race of Champions
- Pigot confirmed at ECR for #20 (According to Motorsport.com only)
- New engine manufacturers on the way??
- IndyLights Driver Announcements
- TJ Fischer returns with Pelfrey
- Robert Megennis reups with Team Pelfrey