We’re a bit late this week, and at the same time a bit early. Recording at 6am on Sunday, our typical beverage roll call, while still featuring drinks strong enough to eat spoons, lean more toward the coffee and tea variety. This week marks the Indycar ‘Prix View’ event at Phoenix International Raceway. The first open test of the 2017 Verizon Indycar Series season. Elsewhere in the news, we have a number of signings in the Mazda Road to Indy and a few changes to the IndyCar format to discuss.
Show notes and links
- KV Racing all but done
- Indycar format/rule tweaks
- Will Philips race engineer for AJ Foyt Racing
- IndyCar and Firestone sign multi-year extension
- Tony Stewart Foundation backs third SPM car for Indy – Jay Howard linked.
- Bommarito signs as title sponsor for Gateway race
- Phoenix test times:
- Cindric switches from being race strategist for Power to Newgarden.
- Potentially more races for Montoya in 2017
- Seven-Eleven joins Ganassi as associate sponsor for Kanaan
- Newman-Wachs signs Andre Castro for their USF2000 program
- Parker Thompson joins new USF2000 team Exclusive Autosport
- Pro Mazda attracts a new team: Leading Edge Grand Prix (2-3 cars)
- Leading Edge signs Max Hanratty
- LIGHTS: Carlin signs Matheus Leist and Zachary Claman DeMelo alongside the previously signed Garth Rickards
- LIGHTS: Juan Piedrahita stays with Pelfrey.