The Month of May has begun, and we review the INDYCAR Grand Prix without resorting to using the term “lockstep”. As of Monday of this week, practice has begun for the 101st running of the Indianapolis 500 Mile Race and while the first two days saw Chamber-of-Commerce weather, Wednesday brought fierce winds that eventually brought a halt to the day’s activities. We take a look at the quick and the struggling, and believe it or not, there’s more drivers out there than just Alonso! (and yes, we finally stayed under an hour!)
Show Notes and Links
- INDYCAR GP Review — Qualifying — Race Results
- The Chevrolet dichotomy (Penske vs everyone else)
- No drama for the leaders at start.
- Bourdais out with engine failure in T1.
- Marco hits TK with Ed Jones on the inside at the end of the back stretch.
- Pit strategies
- Championship Standings – Pagenaud leads Dixon 191 to 181 in what is developing into a private Penske/Ganassi fight.
- Practice has begun at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway