This week, Tom, John, and I preview this weekend’s Verizon IndyCar Series race at the Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, discuss the prospect of a new aero package for 2017 that is sans rear pods, and wonder just what it means for the series that Tony George is back at the helm of Hulman & Company. We also take some time to discuss the championship standings for the entire Mazda Road to Indy presented by Cooper Tires including the USF2000, Pro Mazda, and Indy Lights series. Over the weekend, I will be posting updates from Mid-Ohio as well as photos and hopefully an interview or two.
Here’s the photo mentioned during our aero kit discussion.
- Aero kit testing – JR & TK @ MidOhio
- RC Enerson in a Coyne seat for MidOhio
- Schmidt sues Enerson’s father.
- Jack Harvey hopes to be in 3rd Schmidt entrant for the Glen
- Tony George is now chairman of Hulman & Co
- Corner at Snetterton named after Justin Wilson
IndyCar MidOhio Prognostications
- Cooper Tires becomes the presenting sponsor for the Mazda Road to Indy
- USF2000 Championship Points
- Pro Mazda Championship Points
- Indy Lights Championship Points
Wrap-up and final thoughts