Tonight, we catch up with the Mazda Road to Indy! The Pro Mazda and Indy Lights series held a test at the newly repaved Gateway Motorsports Park, and we were there to see if the junior formula cars were as suitable to the track as the IndyCars were the previous week. While there, we reconnected with Pro Mazda racer, TJ Fischer, and INDYCAR’s Mazda Road to Indy point man, Jason Penix. With two more race weekends , remaining for Pro Mazda and Indy Lights, and only one for USF2000, we look at how things are shaping up and who is likely to win the scholarships to graduate up to the next rung in the Mazda Road to Indy ladder.
During the brief summer break in the schedule, the Internet Rumor Mill is running at full song, and we look at the prospect of McLaren making a full-season effort for the 2019 IndyCar season, we examine the chances of Alonso returning to IndyCar in 2018 and in what capacity, and it’s never too early to start the silly season speculations. Tony Kanaan may be the key asset that determines the direction for many others.
Mazda Road to Indy
- Gateway test
- Tire grip and wear
- Aero package and drafting
- Drivers have to lift in Turns 1 and 2
- More ovals to come for MRTI
- Championship Prognostications
- A slow week, so Conor Daly runs out of gas and makes news.
- 2018 SOAK testing at Iowa
- 2018 Silly Season
- Andretti switching to Chevy appears to be the key
- Alonso at Sonoma rumors quashed.
- Discuss: Why
- What about 2019 for a full-season with McLaren?
- Long Beach secures long-term contract