As usual I have with me Tom “The Motorsports Monk” Firth and John “The Race Fan” Olsakovsky, and tonight, we unpack the recent Verizon IndyCar Series and Mazda Road to Indy races at the beautiful Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course. We also take a look at the recent news and tentative 2017 IndyCar schedule. There’s the potential for an IndyCar race right in the FBC backyard!
Show Notes and Links
- Target to leave Chip Ganassi Racing. What it means moving forward.
- Gateway returns in 2017 and other schedule news
- Team USA Scholarship interviews began at Mid-Ohio. Portante one of the candidates
- Celebrity Family Feud appearance: HCN, TK, Hinch, WP, CD
- Pocono Testing
- Round 1 – Group 1
- Round 1 – Group 2
- Round 2 – Fast 12
- Round 3 – Fast 6
- Pagenaud’s injury
“All of a sudden it was like somebody jammed a knife in my back,” Pagenaud said. “This morning the pain was 10 out of 10. I didn’t know if I was going to be doing qualifying, to be honest. But the doctors took good care of me and I managed to get in the car, and once the adrenaline got in, it was better.”
- Clean-ish start
- Did Pagenaud jump, or catch everyone napping?
- Dixon get’s Helio’ed or vice versa?
- Aleshin on rails
- Improper release ruins Aleshin’s race
- Daly rotates into the lead but can’t stretch the fuel
- Bourdais spears Sato in final laps
- Penske’s Pagenaud and Power Perform Perfectly
- Box Score
- Pro Mazda
- Indy Lights
Final Thoughts (NSX GT3 debut at Mid-Ohio)