The band is back together! Doug, Tom, and John break down the final 500-mile race of the season, the ABC Supply 500 at Pocono, preview the resumption of the Firestone 600 at the Texas Motor Speedway.
Show notes and links
- Virgin Australia Supercars (Formally V8 Supercars) won’t move the October Gold Coast 600 ‘event’ to February.
- HHGregg extend Andretti Autosport deal. Co-Primary for Marco Andretti. Secondary sponsor across all other cars additionally
- Rosenqvist ends Indy Lights Campaign.
- Practice crashes – Hunter Reay, Kimball, Montoya.
- Qualifying – Aleshin on pole.
- RHR starts last after practice accident. Does not officially qualify
- Qualifying Results
- 1st start attempt waved off
- 2nd attempt Aleshin jumped in the same manner.
- Sato accident on Lap 2
- Lost it in T3 from P3
- Hunter Reay first charge from back to front of grid in 34 laps
- Pit lane accident involving Helio, Kimball and Rossi
- Charlie is upset.
- Was it just a rookie mistake?
- Aleshin set up changes during race, impact on result?
- RHR electrical issues pushed him back down the grid
- Pagenaud DNF – championship implications
- Power charge to the front
- RHR attempted comeback drive, finishing 3rd
- Top 3 Power, Aleshin. RHR – Results