Tonight, we look at the winners and losers from the Desert Diamond West Valley Casino Phoenix Grand Prix. There were a lot of questions headed into this weekend. How did the new universal aero kit do? How did the rookies fare in what for many of them was their first oval race? Did anyone show up to watch?
We also look forward to the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach this coming weekend, the second race in a three-week stretch of back-to-back racing.
Show notes and links
- Phoenix Qualifying — Results
- Rookies are impressive
- Team Penske back in form
- Phoenix Race — Results
- Bourdais stalls exiting grid
- Fittipaldi first to find the T4 wall
- Everyone sliding into their pits
- Penske pit crew performs perfectly
- Leist leaves pits early and loses right rear tire
- Power out of power. Brushed T1 wall a bit too hard.
- Another rookie, Kaiser into T4
- Rossi passing people right and left! 53 passes for the race
- Jones crashes out from P2
- Newgarden pits, but Hinch and Wickens stay out.
- Wickens defends, but is no match for Newgarden’s new tires
- Phoenix Event Analysis
- Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach
- Will we see a repeat of St. Pete?